The International Live Events Association (ILEA) offers the Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) training program. Established in 1993, the Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) designation recognizes event professionals who have successfully demonstrated the knowledge, skills and ability essential to perform all components of a special event.
This program was developed to:
- Increase the proficiency of event professionals
- Elevate industry standards and practices
- Establish the level of knowledge and performance necessary for certification
- Promote the advancement of the special events industry
- Advance the careers of practitioners
- Acknowledge the high caliber work of CSEPs and the value of the products and services they provide
TSYLF provides ILEA LV with 2 scholarships
The CSEP Scholarship is for $350
This scholarship is for first time testing only—you cannot apply for retesting or recertification.
You must be at least 21 years old.
CSEP Scholarship Application
Your completed application must include:
- 1 page essay
- Copy of any information you are providing to ILEA
- Head shot for online and print promotions
- Letter of Support
- Click here to fill out and submit an application.
Further information: FAQ
Blind reviews are used to determine scholarships. Your name is removed from your application, assigned a number, and graded by TSYLF's Board of Trustees. Each board member uses a 30 point rubric to grade your resume (4 points), letter of recommendation (4 points) your essay (20 points), and application completeness (2 points) for a total possible score of 90 points. Those with the highest scores will receive scholarship awards each quarter.